Company Certificates

Company Certificates about Gokyo Treks !

Before booking your trekking tours or climbing in Nepal Himalayas with a trekking agency, it’s crucial to understand the importance of trustworthy operators. Knowing the tour company’s certifications is key. Guests should ascertain whether the company is legally registered under the laws of Nepal, including with government authorities and trade travel associations.

It’s essential to be aware that many businesses operate without valid licenses, failing to comply with legal requirements. There are instances of trekking and tour agencies operating illegally through personal websites, often by individuals or freelancers.

Additionally, some overseas tour operators conduct tours and trekking expeditions without the necessary governmental licenses or taxes, posing a risk to travelers. Booking with an unauthorized agency, whether in Nepal or abroad, increases the risk regarding staff insurance and financial security.

To protect yourself, consider the following before confirming your journey with any trekking or travel agency in the Himalayas..

– Is this business registered with the relevant government authorities?

– Has the company registered with authorized travel associations?

– Does the company provide insurance for accidents involving their staff?

– How environmentally conscious is this company?

– Does the firm have its own bank account with a reputable bank?

– Is this hiking agency cleared all back taxes?

The agency Gokyo Treks & Expedition Pvt Ltd is a fully licensed and bonded trek/tour operator based in Kathmandu Nepal. We offer you all travelers totally hassle-free with secure travel arrangements and are committing to making your holiday safe and pleasant. This company is fully registered with the Nepal Government authorities to obtain the license to run a travel business.

We hold a license from the Office of Company Register (Ministry of Industry) . Ministry of Culture, Tourism and Civil Aviation Tourism Industry Division (Department of Tourism) . Inland Revenue Department of Tax regional office Lazimpat (Ministry of Finance), Foreign Currency Exchange, National Bank of Nepal [Nepal Rastra Bank].

Moreover, we are a member of various organizations like Nepal Mountaineering Association (NMA) , Trekking Agencies Association of Nepal (TAAN), Village Tourism Promotion Forum (VITOF) and International Porter Protection Group (IPPG).

Our registration and membership in such organizations mean that our accounts are subject to regular and stringent security. Be sure that the booking of your trip with us is complete confidence and fully protected. Take a look at the Tourism Business Licenses (Company certificates) as given below.

Office of the Company Register

Our trekking agency, Gokyo Treks & Expedition, is registered with the “Office of the Company Register” under registration number 39829 2062/2063 BS. It operates as a sole proprietorship with private limited status.

Company Certificates of Company Register

License from the Department Small Scale Industry, Nepal

Department of Cottage and Small Industry (DCSI) promotes and supports various types of cottage and small industries to enhance their productivity. Gokyo Treks & Expedition is a proud member (9210/90) of the Department of Cottage and Small Industries, benefiting from its initiatives to boost industrial growth.

small scale industry license and certificate

Licenses from the Department of Inland Revenue (Tax and VAT) Certificate

Gokyo Treks & Expedition is registered with the Inland Revenue Department of Nepal and fulfills its tax obligations. Our company’s income tax and value-added tax (VAT) number is 302385791.

 license from the department of Tax and vat

Department of Tourism Certificate

In order to obtain trekking permits for tourists through a trekking agency, the agency must be registered under the Ministry of Tourism, specifically under the Tourism Mahasakha. Therefore, Gokyo Treks & Expedition’s tourism license number is 805/063.

ministry of tourism and civil aviation certificate

Foreign Exchange license from the Central Bank of Nepal

Gokyo Treks and Expedition is authorized to exchange foreign currency with its tourist clients. The Nepal Rastra Bank, the central bank of Nepal, has issued a license for foreign currency exchange, with license number 014/76.

foreign exchange license by Nepal rastra bank

Gokyo Treks & Expedition’s Staff Group Insurance

Our guides and porters are integral to our success. We prioritize their health by providing comprehensive Trek Insurance covering accidents and medical expenses. Additionally, we annually purchase travel insurance for our staff, including guides, porters, porter guides, cooks, and Sherpas, at a discounted bulk rate.

travel and accidental insurance

Peak climbing operation license from Nepal Mountaineering Association

Gokyo Treks & Expedition is a premier climbing operator agency that organizes peak climbing and expeditions in the Himalayas. We are proud members of the Nepal Mountaineering Association (NMA), holding license number AM# 582 (064/06/12).

Peak climbing Licence from Nepal Mountaineering Association

Trek Agency Association of Nepal (TAAN) member Certificate

We are affiliated with the Trekking Agencies Association of Nepal (TAAN), through which we register to obtain TIMS PERMIT for our tourists, facilitating their trips to the Himalayas.

Trekking Agencies Association of Nepal (TAAN) Certificate

Village Tourism Promotion Forum Member Certificate

We are proud participants in the Village Tourism Promotion Forum (VITOF) Nepal, an organization dedicated to promoting community tourism. VITOF Nepal was established with the primary goal of advancing village tourism initiatives.

village tourism promotion forum Nepal membership certificates