Cho Oyu Expedition
Based on Reviews
Cho Oyu Expedition Summary
- Cho Oyu expedition Duration: 45 Days
- Cho Oyu Height: 8,188.86m/26,865 feet
- Climb hours: 6 Hours average
- Climber Group Size: 1 – 6 People
- Best Time: May Month
- Trip Mode: Full board Tent Camping
- Meals on Trek: Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner
- Transport: Private Jeep / Car
The Mount Cho Oyu expedition itinerary covers most highlights of the Everest massif including other towering Mountains on Earth. Mountain Cho Oyu is situated in the Mahalangur mountain range in the depth of the Everest Region, Solukhumbu District, Nepal.
Climbing cho oyu is equally popular as a Mount Cho Oyu expedition in the Nepalese Himalayas. The total distance from Gokyo lakes to Cho Oyu base camp trek is 39 kilometers (24 miles) one way. Fabulous glacial masses and pinnacles encompass this area with a full front-facing perspective on the whole Cho Oyu climbing trail from the tent. The climbing route to the highest point is around 12 km long with a height gain of 2,501 meters.
Reaching out to Cho Oyu summit day takes around 8 hours. The expedition Cho Oyu route takes us over moderately easy snow and rock; it is now only the weather and altitude that can stand in our way of conquering this grand 8,000 meters peak. Moreover, Cho Oyu is the world’s sixth-highest mountain and is considered to be the easiest of the fourteen 8,000m peaks.
The Cho Oyu summit offers a gorgeous view of Cho Oyu (8,188m) itself, and some other highest mountains including Mt. Lhotse and Everest. Furthermore, the expedition team can see Mount Nuptse (7,879m), Lhotse Shar (8,383m), Makalu (8,475m), Baruntse (7,720m), and Pumori (7,161m).
The usual climbing to Cho Oyu is outstanding. Herbert Tichy, Joseph Jöchler, and Pasang Dawa Lama are the first-time ascender on October 19, 1954, likewise, Maciej Berbeka and Maciej Pawlikowski did the summit on 12 February 1985.
Fundamentally, the Cho Oyu trekking, and expedition take 7 weeks, beginning and finishing off with Kathmandu, town. Since Mount Cho Oyu is situated between Nepal and Tibet, the Cho Oyu Expedition begins in Kathmandu with days distributed for the fundamental administrative work and allows prior to heading into Tibet. Since there is no official route to reach Cho Oyu from Nepal, it is usually climbed from the Tibet Side. Only 14 climbers have made it to the summit of Cho Oyu till today.
Cho Oyu mountain is the 6th top most popular expedition on the planet in terms of height. The Cho Oyu summit is located between Nepal and Tibet, China. It is depending on the conditions but is often complicated to ascend. Professional climbers should attempt this mountain, though it is partially saved with fixed ropes.
The Cho Oyu climbing endeavor opens climbers to the old culture of Tibet. While the test of high-elevation climbing can’t be belittled, the technical nature of ascending is moderately difficult. Our course is made out of snow slants with short areas of ice and rock scrambling.
According to its expedition history, Cho Oyu has had around 3,138 fruitful risings with 44 fatalities recorded. Cho Oyu’s death rate 1.4%, is the least among the 14 – eight thousand pinnacles. The vast majority of this death have been brought about by falls, torrential slides, and elevation disorders.
Before climbing Cho Oyu, we recommend that you complete at least two to five international or high-altitude climbing expeditions. Denali, Aconcagua, Mount Vinson, and Himalayan mountains such as Mera Peak Climb and Island Peak Climb are all excellent training.
Expedition from North side or South side?
The cost is a little less expensive moving from the north side of Tibet.
Guided or non-guided
A coordination just undertaking will be less expensive yet you should act naturally adequate on the mountain. Guiding trips clearly incorporate an installment for the guide, which is more costly for a Western guide compared to a Nepali Sherpa Guide.
Bottled oxygen or not
The vast majority is bottled oxygen yet for the rare sorts of people who don’t, it’s saving. One bottle costs around US$ 465 and most customers utilize seven on a standard endeavor.
According to our past climbers, we design the Cho Oyu climbing itinerary cautiously to allow for gradually ascending and proper acclimatization. The best season for the expedition group to climb Cho Oyu is in May and June months. If the itinerary is not suitable for you, we modify the expedition itinerary as per your request and the duration of the holiday.
Mount Cho Oyu expedition itinerary details.
Our Mount Cho Oyu expedition including trekking is 44 days itinerary and is just a sample plan. Our expedition Cho Oyu climbing itinerary is very special, kindly contact us to get a daily travel plan. We are happy to send you the detailed Cho Oyu travel itinerary at your request.
How much does the Mount Cho Oyu expedition cost?
The Mount Cho Oyu expedition cost US$ is the standard trek price on a double occupancy per person basis. But of course, the trip price will vary as per the expedition group size. For the deluxe and luxury trekking tour plan, we add a 5-star category hotel deluxe air-conditioned room in Kathmandu with a breakfast. AND WE ARE OPEN TO CUSTOMIZE YOUR TOUR AND PACKAGES PRICE AS PER YOUR REQUIREMENTS.
Mount Cho Oyu expedition cost includes:
- Airport transportation as per your arrival date to join the Cho Oyu expedition.
- 3-star category hotel accommodation in Kathmandu on Bed with Breakfast plan
- All required land transfers by Bus as per the expedition itinerary.
- Full board high altitude meal while trekking to base camp and climbing Cho Oyu
- Cho Oyu summiters climbing Sherpa (01 Sherpa: 02 climber’s ratio)
- Required number of porters as per the expedition group size.
- Group climbing gears like ropes, ice screws, snow bars, harness, carbine, eight figure, etc., for Cho Oyu expedition.
- Cho Oyu expedition peak climbing permit and all government taxes.
- National park and conservation area permit fee for the expedition.
- Liaison officer with all his expenses while on the Cho Oyu climbing expedition.
- Expedition Manager, Expedition cook, support crew, and porters with their types of equipment, daily wages, food, insurance, etc.
- All camping gear including base camp tents, dining tent with table and chair, kitchen and toilet tent, etc
- Mountain Hardware high-altitude tents while climbing the Cho Oyu
- Emergency Oxygen with regulator and mask while on the Cho Oyu expedition.
- EPI gas and burner for the high climb.
- Gamow bag / Portable Altitude Chamber (PAC) All necessary climbing hardware group equipment
- Satellite Phone and Walkie-Talkie in case of emergency (pay guest).
- First aid medical kit including Oximeter to check oxygen level and Pulse rate every day to save you from higher risk.
- In a worst case, help with all Rescue and evacuation arrangements (but not the rescue bills).
- Nepal Government Tax, VAT, and as well as Company service charge.
Mount Cho Oyu expedition cost excludes :-
- Lunch and Dinner during the staying in Kathmandu town.
- Medical and personal high-risk insurance.
- Summit bonus US$ 500 USD minimum for each climbing Sherpa guide.
- Applicable permit fees and custom charge for Sat phone, communication equipment, and commercial filming while on Cho Oyu climbing.
- Any kinds of battery charges, laundry service, phone calls, and hot showers during the trek.
- Personal trekking and climbing equipment ..
- Personal nature expenses, and bar bills.
- Your travel insurance (it is mandatory in case of emergency).
- Any donation and monument entrance fees.
- Gratuities for expedition crew [Tip is a culture, so they expect highly].
- Any other things which are not mentioned above.
We can organize a private Mount Cho Oyu expedition starting on any date that works for you. Please contact us for more information.
Question: Is pick-up service available on my arrival day in Kathmandu, Nepal?.
Answer: Yes sure. Provide us with your flight details, We will come to pick up you at Kathmandu international airport.
Question: What sort of accommodation can I expect on the Mount Cho Oyu trekking and climbing days?
Answer: You will have tent accommodation while on trekking and climbing days.
Question: What kind of food can I expect in the Mount Cho Oyu expedition?.
Answer: Our professional cook cooks a delicious range of mostly vegetarian foods. They are like noodles, potatoes, Pasta, tuna bakes, eggs, bread, soups, and fresh vegetable rice until base camp. From base camp to Cho Oyu expedition days, Tourists will have climbing foods. They are depending on the available seasons. We serve food with hot drinks such as tea/coffee.
Question: How do I get drinking water on expedition Cho Oyu?.
Answer: We serve you pure drinking water after purifying using AQUA TABS while on camping days.
Question: Are there any communication facilities for Climbing Cho Oyu?
Answer: We can help you to arrange a satellite phone to call in an emergency and you pay. So, you can acquire telephone services.
Question: When should I book my trip and what are the payments terms?.
Answer: Because our trips book up months in advance. We recommend booking early to avoid any kind of misunderstanding. About US$ 25,000 non-refundable deposit upon confirmation of your eligibility to join the expedition. For the remaining part of the payment, you need to pay prior to the expedition departure. Likewise, If you transfer money to our bank account, you should pay also the bank service charge.
No refunds on the deposit, nor balance payment will be provided for Cho Oyu Expedition due to the huge expense incurred planning/facilitating such an expedition. And the rest of the payment, you can pay on your arrival in Kathmandu, Nepal.
Question: Who will carry my luggage on the Mount Cho Oyu expedition?
Answer: We do provide a high-altitude porter/sherpa to transfer your luggage depending upon the group size.
Question: Where can I organize my personal climbing gear?
Answer: Hiring the best camping gear is a must as you go 8,000 mountain climbing. The branded gears are expensive as their life is longer than cheaper gears. Nonetheless, If you have those climbing gear at your home bring them along with you. If you don’t have them, you can rent them in Kathmandu.
Question: How much additional money do I need per day?
Answer: You can allocate US$ 08 – 10 for a lunch/dinner in Kathmandu and it depends on your spending habits. US$ 12 to 15 US$ each day is almost enough to buy bottles of water, chocolates, tea coffee, and some drinks while you are in Kathmandu.
Mount Cho Oyu expedition highlights
- Discover the eye-catching sights of Mt Everest, Lhotse, Nuptse, Makalu, and Cho Oyu Itself..etc.
- Cho Oyu summit offers the best scenery of border mountains.
- Experience the Eight thousand (8,000 meters) mountain climbing.
Cho Oyu Climbing Permit Cost
The world’s most noteworthy mountain isn’t the main one to see its costs go up, in any case, as Cho Oyu climbing permit cost raises from $7400 to $9300, while the Shishpangma expedition permit cost presently $9300 and $9400 for the North and South Face, separately. Those two courses were recently evaluated at $7150 and $7650.
Mount Cho Oyu expedition Note.
The Mount Cho Oyu climbing information stated above is just a standard template guideline. The trip itinerary is possible to tailor at your request to accommodate your specific terms. Local politics, landslides, local flight cancellation, weather, transport, or a multitude of other factors that are out of our control can result in a modification of schedule during travel.
It is, nonetheless, improbable that the agenda would be generously adjusted. On the off chance that adjustments are fundamental the pioneer will choose the best elective choice, thinking about the best worries of the entire gathering. Where a change happens, we do all that we can to limit its impact, yet we can’t be liable for the after-effects of changes or postpone them.
“What makes Mount Cho Oyu expedition special?”
Opportunities for adventure climbing – expeditions are scattered all over the planet. You just need to recognize where to find them. We at Gokyo Treks and Expedition believe in quality services. First safety and success is our concern.
We are a team of professional, experienced, trained, and licensed local guides who know the purpose much better than others. Not only this but also we give benefits to the local communities and help to conserve natural resources which reduced costs and consumption.
Cho Oyu Expedition Review
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.
Cost & Departures
Your Trip Your Style!
ITINERARY, COST, DEPARTURES, will adjusted according to your GROUP SIZE NEED TIME
Book with Confidence
- Local Guides Company.
- 18 Years in Business.
- Lowest Price Guaranteed.
- 100% Customizable Trips
- Excellent Customer Service
- Hassle Free Booking.
- 90 % Repeated customers
- Highly Recommended agency
- Private/group tour options
Extra Fun on Adventures