Annapurna II Expedition
Based on Reviews
Annapurna II Expedition Summary
- Annapurna II expedition duration days: 52 Days
- Annapurna ii Height: 7,937m / 26,040 feet
- Climb hours: 6 Hours average
- Climber Group Size: 2 – 8 People
- Best for Summit climb: April, May and June Month
- Trip Mode: Full board Tent Camping
- Meals: Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner
- Transportation: Private Jeep / Car
Mount Annapurna II expedition is rarely attempted in a mountain, the world’s most treacherous mountain to climb. Annapurna II is a 7,937 meters (26,040 feet) mountain in the Himalayas range, in Nepal. It is the 16th highest mountain in the world. The second Annapurna mountain is located in Nepal along a 45.3-kilometer (28.15-mile) ridge just east of the Gandaki River, which has carved one of the deepest river canyons in the world.
For the first time in the expedition history, a British/Indian/Nepalese group driven by J.O.M. Roberts in 1960, through the West Ridge, drawn nearer from the north. The culmination party contained Richard Grant, Chris Bonington, and Sherpa Ang Nyima. Furthermore, Yugoslavs from Slovenia reach the summit in 1969, and Kazimir Drašlar, and Matija Maležič came to the summit Annapurna second.
In addition, In 1973 Japanese alternated way the course by climbing straightforwardly up the north face between IV and V prior to proceeding with the west edge. Katsuyuki Kondo arrived at the top in an exceptional solo performance.
In 1983, Tim Macartney-Snape arranged and took an interest in an undertaking to Annapurna II (7,937 m or 26,040 ft) effectively arriving at the highest point by means of the principal climb of the south face. The plunge was deferred by a snowstorm and canceled.
Moreover, on Feb 2, 2007, Philipp Kunz, Lhakpa Wangel, Temba Nuru, and Lhakpa Thinduk made the principal winter rising. The group followed the course of the main climb from the north. The entire Annapurna massif and its territory are protected within the 7,629-square-kilometre (2,946 sq mi) Annapurna Preservation Area, the first and largest conservation area in Nepal.
The word “Annapurna” is derived from Sanskrit meaning the giver of food and nourishment. Anna signifies “food” or “grains” and pūrṇa signifies “full, complete, and great. It is accepted that Mount Annapurna in the Himalayas is named after her as the goddess is accepted to be one of the little girls of Himavat, the lord of the mountains. The Western world names her the “Hindu God of Cooking,” thinking of her as having a relationship with food things. The Annapurna Conservation Area is home to several world-class treks, including Around Annapurna Trek and Annapurna Base Camp .
The 2nd Annapurna summit offers a stunning view of the Annapurna mountain range, including Dhaulagiri, Fish Tail, Lamjung Himal, Tukuche Peak, Nilgiri – Blue Mountain, and Manaslu summits. The summit of Annapurna is a really aesthetic point with stunning 360º views and nothing higher around. The mighty Annapurna is difficult to climb comparing other greatest peaks in the Himalayas.
Annapurna I has the greatest fatality rate of all the 14 eight-thousanders. There have been less than 200 successful summit climbing of the mountain, but then 61 individuals have lost their lives on its slants, giving Annapurna a death rate is about 32%.
Therefore, before climbing the Annapurna summit, we advise you highly that you complete at least two to five international or high-altitude climbing expeditions. Vinson Mount, Denali, Aconcagua, and Himalayan mountains such as Tent Peak (Tharpu Chuli) , Chulu East Peak , and Island Peak Climbare all wonderful preparation.
Guided or non-guided
A coordination just undertaking will be less expensive yet you should act naturally adequate on the mountain. Guiding trips clearly integrate an episode for the guide, which is more costly for a Western guide compared to a Nepali Sherpa Guide.
Bottled oxygen or not
The vast most is bottled oxygen yet for the rare sorts of people who don’t, it’s saving. Each bottle costs around US$ 465 and most customers utilize seven on a standard endeavor.
Mount Annapurna II expedition itinerary details.
Our Annapurna ist Mountain expedition 42 days itinerary is just a sample plan. The Annapurna II expedition itinerary is very special. As per our past climber’s suggestion, we have designed the Annapurna ii expedition itinerary cautiously to allow for gradually ascending and proper acclimatization. If the itinerary is not suitable for you, we modify the expedition travel plan as per your request and the duration of the holiday. We are happy to send you the detailed expedition travel itinerary at your request.
How much does the Mount Annapurna ii expedition cost?
The Mount Annapurna ii expedition cost US$ 14,850 is the standard expedition price on a double occupancy per person basis. But of course, the trip price will vary per expedition member. For the deluxe and luxury trekking tour plan, we add a 5-star category hotel deluxe air-conditioned room in Kathmandu with a breakfast plan. AND WE ARE OPEN TO CUSTOMIZE YOUR TOUR AND PACKAGES PRICE AS PER YOUR REQUIREMENTS.
Mount Annapurna 2nd expedition cost includes:
- Airport transportation as per your arrival date to join the Annapurna II expedition.
- 4-star category hotel accommodation in Kathmandu on Bed with Breakfast plan
- Van Transfer: Kathmandu to Besi Sahar and Besi Sahar to Kathmandu as per the expedition itinerary.
- Jeep transfer from Besi Sahar to Pisang village and also from Pisang to Besi Sahar round trip according to the above climbing plan.
- Full board high altitude meal while trekking to base camp and climbing Annapurna second
- Annapurna II summiteers climbing Sherpa (01 Sherpa: 02 climber’s ratio)
- Required number of porters as per the expedition group size.
- Group climbing gears like rope, ice bar, etc for the Annapurna 2nd expedition.
- Annapurna II expedition [peak climbing] permit and all government taxes.
- Annapurna conservation area permit fee for the expedition.
- Liaison officer with all his expenses while on the Annapurna 2 climbing expedition.
- Expedition Manager, Expedition cook, support crew, and porters with their types of equipment, daily wages, food, insurance, etc.
- All camping gear including base camp tents, dining tent with table and chair, kitchen and toilet tent, etc
- Mountain Hardware high altitude tents while climbing the Annapurna II mountain
- Emergency Oxygen with regulator and mask while on the Annapurna second expedition.
- EPI gas and burner for the high climb.
- Gamow bag / Portable Altitude Chamber (PAC) All necessary climbing hardware group equipment
- First aid medical kit, Oximeter to check heart rate, pulse, and oxygen saturation at higher altitude.
- In a worst case, help with all Helicopter Rescue and evacuation arrangements.
- Agency’s Certificate of appreciation after the successful expedition
- Satellite Phone and Walkie-Talkie in case of emergency (pay guest).
Mount Annapurna First expedition cost excludes :
- Nepal entry visa fee cost US$ 40.
- Lunch and Dinner during the staying in Kathmandu town.
- Medical and personal high-risk insurance.
- Second Annapurna Summit bonus US$ 500 USD minimum for each climbing Sherpa guide.
- Applicable permit fees and custom charge for Sat phone, communication equipment, and commercial filming while on Annapurna I expedition.
- Any kinds of battery charges, laundry service, phone calls, and showers en route.
- Personal trekking and climbing equipment ..
- Personal nature expenses, any types of alcoholic drink and bar bills.
- Your travel insurance (it is mandatory in case of emergency).
- Any donation and monuments entrance fees.
- Gratuities for expedition staff [Tip is a culture, so they expect highly].
- Any other things which are not mentioned above.
We can organize a private Mount Annapurna 2nd expedition starting at any date that works for you. Please contact us for more information.
Question: What sort of accommodation can I expect on the Mount Annapurna ii expedition?.
Answer: You will have tent accommodation while on trekking and climbing days.
Question: Is pick-up service available on my arrival day in Kathmandu, Nepal?
Answer: Yes sure. Supply us with your flight details, We will come to pick up you at Kathmandu international airport.
Question: Can I store my luggage/stuff in Kathmandu or in Pokhara?
Answer: Yes, you can leave your luggage at your hotel or at our office. Store your stuff in the Gokyo Treks agency office for free.
Question: Is this trekking Safe for Solo Female Trekkers?
Answer: Absolutely. Nepal is a safe country to travel to for solo travelers; this trek is perfectly safe for solo female trekkers. We have been organizing the Annapurna base camp trek even for solo female travelers since its establishment.
Question: What kind of food can I expect in the Mount Annapurna ii expedition?.
Answer: Our professional cook cooks a delicious range of mostly vegetarian foods. They are like noodles, potatoes, Pasta, tuna bakes, eggs, bread, soups, and fresh vegetable rice until base camp. From base camp to Annapurna ii expedition days, Tourists will have climbing food. They are depending upon the available seasons. We serve food with hot drinks such as tea/coffee.
Question: How do I get drinking water on expedition Annapurna Himalaya?.
Answer: We serve you pure drinking water after purifying using AQUA TABS while on camping days.
Question: Are there any communication facilities on Climbing Annapurna?
Answer: We can help you to arrange a satellite phone to call in an emergency and you pay on a call basis. So, you can acquire telephone services.
Question: When should I book my trip and what are the payments terms?.
Answer: Our expedition trips book up months in advance. We recommend booking early to avoid any kind of misunderstanding. About US$ 10,000 non-refundable deposit upon confirmation of your eligibility to join the expedition. US$ 9,000 non-refundable balance due 100 days prior to departure. Likewise, If you transfer money to our bank account, you should pay also the bank service charge.
No refunds on the deposit, nor balance payment will be provided for expedition due to the huge expense incurred planning/facilitating such an expedition. And the remaining part of the payments, you can pay on your arrival in Kathmandu, Nepal.
Question: Who will carry my luggage?
Answer: We do provide a high-altitude porter/sherpa to transfer your luggage depending upon the group size.
Question: Where can I organize my personal climbing gear?
Answer: Hiring the best expedition gear is a must as you go 7,000 mountain climbing. The branded gears are expensive as their life is longer than cheaper gears. Nonetheless, If you have those climbing gear at your home bring them along with you. If you don’t have them, you can rent them in Kathmandu.
Question: How much additional money do I need per day?
Answer: You can allocate US$ 08 – 10 for a lunch/dinner in Kathmandu and it depends on your spending habits. US$ 12 to 15 US$ each day is almost enough to buy bottles of water, chocolates, tea coffee, and some drinks while you are in Kathmandu.
Mount Annapurna II expedition highlights
- Discover the eye-catching sights of Annapurna mountains including Mt Manaslu, Dhaulagiri, Fish Tail, Gangapurna..etc.
- The summit offers the best scenery of popular mountains in Annapurna massif.
- Experience the Eight thousand (8,000 meters) mountain climbing and super popular hiking trail.
Adventure Annapurna Climbing Permit Cost
Annapurna ii expedition permit fees totally depend upon the expedition season that you apply to attempt. Normally the climbing permit cost in the spring season is US$ 1800, in the autumn season US$ 900, and for the winter and summer seasons is US$ 450 per person. In addition, there are other fees for example a trash fee of $3,000 for a group.
Mount Annapurna 2 expedition Note.
The Annapurna ii expedition information stated above is just a standard template guideline. The expedition plan is possible to tailor at your request to accommodate your specific terms. Local politics, landslides, local flight cancellation, weather, transport, or a multitude of other factors that are out of our control can result in a modification of schedule during travel.
It is, nonetheless, improbable that the agenda would be generously adjusted. On the off chance that adjustments are essential the pioneer will choose the best elective choice, thinking about the best worries of the entire gathering. When a change happens, we do all that we can to limit its impact, yet we can’t be liable for the after-effects of changes or postpone them.
What makes Mount Annapurna ii expeditions special?”
Opportunities for adventure climbing mountains are scattered all over the planet Earth. You just need to recognize where to find them. We at Gokyo Treks and Expedition agency believe in quality services. Your safety and satisfaction is our concern. We are a team of professional, experienced, trained, and licensed local guides who know the purpose much better than others. Not only this but also we give benefits to the local communities and help to conserve natural resources which reduced costs and consumption.
Expedition Annapurna II Traveller’s Review
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.
|No. of people||Price Per Person|
|4 - 6||USD|
|7 - 9||USD|
Cost & Departures
Your Trip Your Style!
ITINERARY, COST, DEPARTURES, will adjusted according to your GROUP SIZE NEED TIME
Book with Confidence
- Lowest Price Guaranteed.
- 100% Customizable Trips
- Excellent Customer Service
- Hassle Free Booking.
- 90 % Repeated customers
- Highly Recommended agency
- Private/group tour options
- Local Guides Company.
Extra Fun on Adventures