Based on 1 Reviews
Himlung Expedition Summary
- Himlung Expedition Duration: 33 Days
- Summit height: 7,126m/23,380 feet
- Climb hours: 6 Hours daily
- Group-Size: 2-6 Climbers
- Best Time to Climb: May to October
- Trip Mode: Full Board Tent Camping
- Meals: Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner
- Transportation: Private Jeep / Car
The Himlung Expedition offers Annapurna Chain (Annapurna I-IV), Dhaulagiri, Manaslu, Gangapurna, Tilicho Peak, Pisang Peak, and Paungda Danda etc and additionally to countless other 6-8K meter peaks. Himlung summit 7,126 meters climbing itinerary covers the underlines of Himlung peak itself and the Annapurna massif.
Mount Himlung Himal expedition is situated in Nar and Phu restricted trek routes northeast in Annapurna range, of Manang District in Nepal. Furthermore, a remote Nar-Phu valley is referred to as the hidden valley of Nepal – due to its isolation and being well off the beaten track.
Spring months from April to May and fall October to November are the best time to attempt. At those best seasons, the weather is stable, and the skies are clear, making it easier to navigate the mountain. However, climbers have to be fit and climbing experts in order to reach the summit and endure the high altitude.
It’s a pretty uncomplicated and less technical climb mountains although it depends on the conditions but is often unsafe because of an Avalanche. Professional climbers should attempt this mountain, though it is partially saved with fixed ropes. Be that as it may, the Japanese team climbed Himlung mountain in 1992 for the first ascend in its history, therefore, this peak is getting popular for a new bucket list for climbers.
Mount Himlung expedition itinerary details.
Our Mount Himlung expedition itinerary serves as a sample plan, meticulously designed to ensure gradual ascent and proper acclimatization. If this itinerary doesn’t fit your needs, we’re flexible to create a tailored plan based on your preferences and the duration of your Nepal expedition holiday.1 Day Arrival at Kathmandu valley
Upon arrival in Kathmandu, Tribhuvan International Airport, we will receive you in a private vehicle and transfer you to a hotel in Kathmandu. Our representative will brief you about your expedition Himlung mountain travel plan.
Sightseeing in Kathmandu and climbing preparation day. Also expedition briefing day.
Check all gears before you head to Himlung Himal climbing.
We take a local – private coach from Kathmandu to Besisahar town. The drive goes along the Trisuli River and Marsyangdi River valley over the blacktop highway. The journey offers some of the best views of Annapurna II (7,937m) and Lamjung Himal (6,932m) and Mount Manaslu (8,154m).
We start our journey with jeep to Koto. Jeep drive to Koto goes through the terraced farms alongside the Marsyangdi Tributary. We stop along the way for lunch and head up to Koto downtown. At Koto, there is a police check post for Nar Phu special permits and our Himlung Himal permits.
We walk through a steep and constrictive path through the dense forest, after crossing the river the trek leads to pass the splendid pine woodlands with wide waterfall before arriving Meta village.
The Phu village trek route goes ahead with a good view of the magnificent Nar Phedi monastery. Hike about 90 minutes through scenic canyons and gorges, you’ll reach a trail to Phu. Reaching there, you can get the first view of the three townships in the area as well as the old “dzong” (Tibetan-style fortress). It remains of two ruined forts, impressively situated atop the flatlands before the settlement. Moreover, a day is well spent sitting with the villagers as they spin their yak and sheep wool, pound mustard seeds into a paste for oil, or go about their other daily tasks. You can make a short walk up to the famous Tashi Lhakhang Gompa to pay respects to Lama Karma Sonam Rimpoche who came to Nepal with the Dalai Lama in 1959.
At Phu village, we have an opportunity to explore the surrounding countryside and also have overwhelming views of Himlung Mountain. In the afternoon, we have an interesting journey to go to Himlung Himal base camp. Hike Himlung basecamp is an easy journey that takes about six hours roughly. Our entire team will fix the tent to stay overnight in a safe place.
Today actually there is not any activities. Climbers can walk for a while to the Himlung glacier for better acclimatization or for Himlung peak climbing practice. Check out the expedition gears before Himlung ascend.
During those days, climbers can climb at Himlung Himal and descend to Base Camp.
Clean the Himlung Base Camp and Packing for departure.
After finishing the Himlung Himal expedition we take the trail back to Phu Gaon..
It gets easier as we descend to the lower altitudes, but at first, we will head up to Kyang and Cheyako villages. After Cheyako, we lead along the same nature walk along the Phu river banks following it downstream.
The trail from Meta to Koto has a steep descent for some hours. Nature trail some of the finest views of Annapurna II, and Gangapurna peaks. The impressive trail heads up onto barren landscapes with only juniper bushes along the climbing journey. Eventually, we reach Koto, a large settlement of Koto where we stay overnight.
Today, we drive all the way downhill to Besisahar. It’s about 5-6 hours of crazy drive to pass about 55 kilometers distance passing the gorgeous landscapes.
After breakfast, take a microbus back to Kathmandu city. Drop you at Kathmandu International Airport onward your final destination and our trip ends. Wish you a wonderful journey. Trip finish.
Not satisfied with above plan?
Are you interested on planning a custom trip? this might take 2 to 3 minutes.
How much does the Mount Himlung Himal Expedition cost?
Mountain Himlung Himal Expedition cost US$ 8590 is the standard trek price on a double occupancy per person basis. But of course, the trip price will change as per the group size you travel to. For the deluxe and luxury trekking tour plan, we add 4-5-stars category hotel deluxe air-conditioned room in Kathmandu with a breakfast plan. AND WE ARE OPEN TO CUSTOMIZE YOUR TOUR AND PACKAGES PRICE AS PER YOUR REQUIREMENTS.
Mount Himlung expedition cost includes:
- Kathmandu international airport (TIA) transfers with private vehicles.
- 4 nights in 5-star hotel accommodation (double bedroom occupancy) while on your staying in Kathmandu with breakfast plan.
- Professional Mountain Guide [Personal gears, salary, insurance]. 2 guest:1 guide ratio.
- Liaison officer’s allowances equipment for expedition, insurance, and his daily wages.
- Kathmandu – Besisahar – Kathmandu with a private coach transfer as a round trip.
- Besisahar – Koto and back to Besisahar transfer with a special jeep as per the above plan.
- 30 Breakfast, 30 Lunch, 30 Dinner served with hot drinks during the trek and climbing periods.
- Professional cook in the base camp, Sherpa, kitchen helper, climbing gears, and required number of Donkeys to transfer luggage.
- Camping and Kitchen types of equipment ie. base camp tents, dining tents with tables and chairs, kitchen tents with all utensils, and toilet tents.
- Mount Himlung expedition permits fees
- Agency’s duffel bag (50 liters capacity) and -5 temperature Sleeping bag if Necessary – return after the trek.
- First aid medical kit including Oximeter to check your Oxygen level, Pulse rate to monitor every day to prepare for high risk.
- Group climbing equipment including ropes, ice screws, snow bars, harness, carbine, eight figure, etc.
- In a worst case, help with all Helicopter Rescue and evacuation arrangements.
- Well-paid salary, food, and accommodation for all Nepali hiking staff.
- Annapurna conservation permit, NAR, and PHU village restricted area permits and TIMS permits, etc.
- Nepal Government Tax, VAT, and as well as Company service charge.
Mount Himlung expedition cost excludes :
- International airfares.
- Food like Lunch and Dinner during your staying in Kathmandu.
- Any kinds of battery charges, laundry service, phone calls, and showers.
- Guest’s Personal Trekking and climbing gears and clothing.
- Personal nature expenses, and bar bills.
- Travel insurance (it is mandatory in case of emergency) to cover accidents, trip cancellations, and helicopter rescue.
- Required oxygen cylinder for expedition team while on expedition days
- Any donation and monument entrance fees.
- Gratuities for expedition crew [Tip is a culture, so they expect highly].
- Phone and wireless internet available in base camp on additional fee.
We can organize a private Mount Himlung expedition starting at any date that works for you. Please contact us for more information.
Question: Is pick-up service available on my arrival day in Kathmandu, Nepal?.
Answer: Yes sure. Provide us with your flight details, We will come to pick up you at Kathmandu international airport.
Question: What sort of accommodation can I expect on the Mount Himlung expedition?.
Answer: You will have tent accommodation while on trekking and expedition days.
Question: What kind of food can I expect in the Himlung expedition?.
Answer: Our professional cook cooks a delicious range of mostly vegetarian such as noodles, Pasta, tuna bakes, eggs, potatoes, lentils soup and rice, bread, soups, and fresh vegetables. They are depending on the available seasons. In addition, we serve food with hot drinks such as tea/coffee.
Question: What opportunities will I have for a shower along with climbing and trekking?.
Answer: We serve you hot water on a bucket and you can shower if you want.
Question: How do I get drinking water on climbing the Himlung expedition?.
Answer: We serve you pure drinking water after purifying using AQUA TABS while on camping days.
Question: Are there any communication facilities for Climbing Himlung?
Answer: We can help you to arrange a satellite phone to call in an emergency and you pay. So, you can acquire telephone services. But until the normal base camp, the normal SIM CARD either NCELL or NAMASTE phone works often without any trouble.
Question: When should I book my trip and what are the payments terms?.
Answer: Because our trips book up months in advance. We recommend booking early to avoid any kind of misunderstanding. You can deposit 20% of the money.
No refunds on the deposit, nor balance payment will be provided for Mount Himlung Expedition due to the huge expense incurred planning/facilitating such an expedition. And the rest of the payment, you can pay on your arrival in Kathmandu, Nepal.
Question: Who will carry my luggage on the express expedition to Himlung Mountain?
Answer: We provide Donkeys to transfer your luggage from Koto to Himlung Himal base camp and return. Above the base camp, you will have a support Sherpa.
Question: Where can I organize my personal climbing gear?
Answer: If you have those climbing gear at your home bring them along with you. If you don’t have them, you can rent them in Kathmandu.
Question: How much additional money do I need per day?
Answer: You can allocate US$ 08 – 10 for a lunch/dinner in Kathmandu and it depends on your spending habits. US$ 12-15 US$ each day is almost enough to buy bottles of water, chocolates… etc before base camp.
Mount Himlung expedition highlights
- Discover the eye-catching sights of Mt Himlung, Annapurna and Manaslu..etc.
- Himlung summit offers the best scenery of all snowy mountains, Boarder to Tibet mountains including remote villages.
- Ancient Buddhist monastery, Local Manangi people and their way of life.
Notes for Mount Himlung Expedition – climbers.
The information stated above is just a guide and standard template that we provide you. However, the trip can be tailored to your request to accommodate your specific terms. Local politics, landslides, local flight cancellation, weather, transport or a multitude of other factors that are out of our control can result in a modification of schedule during travel.
It is, however, very unlikely that the itinerary would be substantially altered. If modifications are necessary the leader will decide the best alternative option, taking into consideration the best concerns of the whole group. When a change does occur, we do everything we can to minimize its effect, but we cannot be responsible for the results of changes or delays.
“What makes Mount Himlung Himal Expedition Special?”
Himlung mountain climbing holds a unique allure due to its exceptional combination of challenges and rewards. Its majestic stature in the Nepalese Himalayas offers climbers an opportunity to test their skills amidst breathtaking vistas.
This expedition’s carefully crafted itinerary allows for a gradual ascent, ensuring adequate acclimatization, and maximizing safety. Its remote and pristine surroundings, coupled with the technical demands of the climb, make conquering Himlung a truly distinctive and rewarding experience for adventurers seeking both physical and mental feats in a stunning natural setting.
We at Gokyo Treks and Expedition believe in quality services similarly your safety and satisfaction is a prime concern. We are a team of professional, well-trained, and licensed local guides who know the purpose better than others. Not only this but also we give benefits to the local communities. We also help to conserve natural resources which reduced costs and consumption.
Himlung Expedition Traveller’s Review
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.
From US$ 87652% Off US$ 8590
|No. of people
|Price Per Person
|4 - 6
|7 - 9
Cost & Departures
Your Trip Your Style!
ITINERARY, COST, DEPARTURES, will adjusted according to your GROUP SIZE NEED TIME
Book with Confidence
- Local Guides Company.
- 18 Years in Business.
- Lowest Price Guaranteed.
- 100% Customizable Trips
- Excellent Customer Service
- Hassle Free Booking.
- 90 % Repeated customers
- Highly Recommended agency
- Private/group tour options
Extra Fun on Adventures
Trek & Return with Heli