Annapurna I Expedition
Based on Reviews
- Annapurna expedition duration days: 52 Days
- Annapurna i Height: 8,091m / 26,545 feet
- Climb hours: 6 Hours average
- Climber Group Size: 2 – 8 People
- Best for Summit climb: April, May and June Month
- Trip Mode: Full board Tent Camping
- Meals: Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner
- Transportation: Private Jeep / Car
Mount Annapurna I expedition is rarely attempting in a mountain, the world’s most treacherous mountains to climb. First Annapurna is only the tenth tallest mountain in the world, but it ranks as one of the most dangerous. The mountain is located in Nepal along a 55-kilometer (34-mile) ridge just east of the Gandaki River, which has carved one of the deepest river gorges in the world.
For the first time in the expedition history, Maurice Herzog led a French expedition to its summit through the north face in 1950, making it the first eight-thousand-meter peak ever successfully climbed. The entire Annapurna massif and surrounding area are protected within the 7,629-square-kilometre (2,946 sq mi) Annapurna Conservation Area, the first and largest conservation area in Nepal.
The word “Annapurna” is derived from Sanskrit meaning the giver of food and nourishment. Anna signifies “food” or “grains” and pūrṇa signifies “full, complete, and great. It is accepted that Mount Annapurna in the Himalayas is named after her as the goddess is accepted to be one of the little girls of Himavat, the lord of the mountains. The Western world names her the “Hindu God of Cooking,” thinking of her as a relationship with food things. The Annapurna Conservation Area is home to several world-class treks, including Around Annapurna Trek and Annapurna Sanctuary .
The Annapurna summit at 8,091m offers a gorgeous view of Annapurna mountain itself and some other supreme mountains that includes mountain Dhaulagiri, Fish Tail, Lamjung Himal, Tukuche Peak, Nilgiri – Blue Mountain, and Manaslu peaks. The summit of Annapurna is a really aesthetic point with stunning 360º views and nothing higher around. The mighty Annapurna is difficult to climb comparing other greatest peaks in the Himalayas.
Annapurna I has the greatest fatality rate of all the 14 eight-thousanders. As of March 2012, there have been 52 deaths during ascents, 191 successful ascents, and nine deaths upon descent. The ratio of 34 deaths per 100 safe returns on Annapurna I is followed by 29 for K2 and 21 for Nanga Parbat.
Therefore, before climbing the Annapurna summit, we advise you highly that you complete at least two to five international or high-altitude climbing expeditions. Vinson Mount, Aconcagua, Denali, and Himalayan mountains such as Tent Peak (Tharpu Chuli) , Chulu East Peak , and Lobuche East Climbing are all marvelous preparation.
Guided or non-guided
A coordination just undertaking will be less expensive yet you should act naturally sufficient on the mountain. Guiding trips clearly incorporate an episode for the guide, which is more costly for a western guide compared to a Nepali Sherpa Guide.
Bottled oxygen or not
The vast majority is bottled oxygen yet for the rare sorts of people who don’t, it’s saving. One bottled costs around US$ 465 and most customers utilize seven on a standard endeavor.
Mount Annapurna I expedition itinerary details.
Our Annapurna ist Mountain expedition 42 days itinerary is just a sample plan. Expedition in the Annapurna climbing itinerary is very special. As per our past climber’s suggestion, we have design the Annapurna 1 expedition itinerary cautiously to allow for gradually ascending and proper acclimatization. If the itinerary is not suitable for you, we modify the expedition travel plan as per your request and the duration of the holiday. We are happy to send you the detailed expedition travel itinerary at your request.
How much does the Mount Annapurna I expedition cost?
The Mount Annapurna 1 expedition cost is roughly US$ 14,850 is the standard trek price on a double occupancy per person basis. But of course, the trip price will vary according to expedition group size. For the deluxe and luxury trekking tour plan, we add 5-stars category hotel deluxe air-conditioned room in Kathmandu with a breakfast plan. AND WE ARE OPEN TO CUSTOMIZE YOUR TOUR AND PACKAGES PRICE AS PER YOUR REQUIREMENTS.
Mount Annapurna I expedition cost includes:
- Airport transportation as per your arrival date to join the Annapurna i expedition.
- 4-star category hotel accommodation in Kathmandu on Bed with Breakfast plan
- Domestic flight: Kathmandu to Pokhara and return round trip airfare as per the expedition itinerary.
- Jeep transfer from Pokhara Airport to Ghandruk village and return from Himal Pani (foothills of Ghandruk guest houses) both way as per climbing above climbing plan.
- Full board high altitude meal while trekking to base camp and climbing Annapurna Ist
- Annapurna I summiteers climbing Sherpa (01 Sherpa: 02 climber’s ratio)
- Required number of porters as per the expedition group size.
- Group climbing gears like rope, ice bar, etc for the Annapurna Ist expedition.
- Annapurna I expedition peak climbing permit and all government taxes.
- Annapurna conservation area permit fee for the expedition.
- Liaison officer with all his expenses while on the Annapurna 1 climbing expedition.
- Expedition Manager, Expedition cook, support crew and porters with their types of equipment, daily wages, food, insurance, etc.
- All camping gear including base camp tents, dining tent with table and chair, kitchen and toilet tent, etc
- Mountain Hardware high altitude tents while on climbing the Annapurna I mountain
- Emergency Oxygen with regulator and mask while on the Annapurna first expedition.
- EPI gas and burner for the high climb.
- Gamow bag / Portable Altitude Chamber (PAC) All necessary climbing hardware group equipment
- Satellite Phone and Walkie-Talkie in case of emergency (pay guest).
Mount Annapurna First expedition cost excludes :
- Nepal entry visa fee cost US$ 40.
- Lunch and Dinner during the staying in Kathmandu town.
- Medical and personal high-risk insurance.
- First Annapurna Summit climbing bonus US$ 500 USD minimum for each climbing Sherpa guide.
- Applicable permit fees and custom charge for Sat phone, communication equipment and commercial filming while on Annapurna I expedition.
- Any kinds of battery charges, laundry service, phone calls and showers en route.
- Personal trekking and climbing equipments ..
- Personal nature expenses, any types of alcoholic drink and bar bills.
- Your travel insurance (it is mandatory in case of emergency).
- Any donation and monuments entrance fees.
- Tips for the crew (Note : TIPS is not compulsory but highly expected).
- Any other things which are not mentioned above.
We can organize private Mount Annapurna 1st expedition starting at any date that works for you. Please contact us for more information.
Question: Is pick up service available on my arrival day in Kathmandu, Nepal?.
Answer: Yes sure. Supply us your flight details, We will come to pick up you at Kathmandu international airport.
Question: What sort of accommodation can I expect on the Mount Annapurna I expedition?.
Answer: You will have tent accommodation while on trekking and climbing days.
Question: What kind of food can I expect in the Mount Annapurna 1 expedition?.
Answer: Our professional cook cooks a delicious range of mostly vegetarian foods. They are like noodles, potatoes, Pasta, tuna bakes, eggs, bread, soups, fresh vegetable rice until base camp. From base camp to Annapurna 1 expedition days, Tourists will have climbing foods. They are depending upon the available seasons. We serve food with hot drinks such as tea/coffee.
Question: How do I get drinking water on expedition Annapurna Himalaya?.
Answer: We serve you pure drinking water after purifying using AQUA TABS while on camping days.
Question: Are there any communication facilities on Climbing Annapurna?
Answer: We can help you to arrange a satellite phone to call in an emergency and you pay per call basis. So, you can acquire telephone services.
Question: When should I book my trip and what is the payments terms?.
Answer: Because our trips book up months in advance. We recommend booking early to avoid any kind of misunderstanding. About US$ 10,000 non-refundable deposit upon confirmation of your eligibility to join the expedition. US$ 9,000 non-refundable balance due 100 days prior to departure. Likewise, If you transfer money to our bank account, you should pay also the bank service charge.
No refunds on the deposit, nor balance payment will be provided for Expedition due to the huge expense incurred planning/facilitating such an expedition. And the rest of the payment, you can pay on your arrival in Kathmandu, Nepal.
Question: Who will carry my luggage?.
Answer: We do provide high-altitude porter / sherpa to transfer your luggage depending upon the group size.
Question: Where can I organize my personal climbing gears?.
Answer: Hiring the best expedition gear is a must as you go 8,000 mountain climbing. The branded gears are expensive as their life is longer than cheaper gears. Nonetheless, If you have those climbing gears at your home bring them along with you. If you don’t have them, you can rent them in Kathmandu.
Question: How much additional money do I need per day?.
Answer: You can allocate US$ 08 – 10 for a lunch/dinner in Kathmandu and it depends on your spending habits. US$ 12 to 15 US$ each day is almost enough to buy bottles of water, chocolates, tea coffee, and some drinks while you are in Kathmandu.
Mount Annapurna I expedition highlights
- Discover the eye catching sights of Annapurna mountains including Mt Manaslu, Dhaulagiri, Fish Tail, Gangapurna..etc.
- The summit offers the best scenery of popular mountains in Annapurna massif.
- Experience the Eight thousander (8,000 meters) mountains climbing and super popular hiking trail.
Adventure Annapurna Climbing Permit Cost
Annapurna 1 expedition permit fees totally depend upon the expedition season that you apply to attempt. Normally the climbing permit cost in the spring season is US$ 1800, in the autumn season US$ 900 and for the winter and summer season is US$ 450 per person. In addition, there are other fees for example a trash fee of $3,000 for a group.
Mount Annapurna first expedition Note.
The Annapurna 1 expedition information stated above is just a standard template guideline. The expedition plan is possible to tailor at your request to accommodate your specific terms. Local politics, landslides, local flight cancellation, weather, transport or a multitude of other factors that are out of our control can result in a modify of schedule during travel.
It is, nonetheless, improbable that the agenda would be generously adjusted. On the off chance that adjustments are essential the pioneer will choose the best elective choice, thinking about the best worries of the entire gathering. Where a change happens, we do all that we can to limit its impact, yet we can’t be liable for the after-effects of changes or postpone them.
What makes Mount Annapurna 1st expeditions special?”
Opportunities for adventure climbing – expeditions in a low elevation mountain are scattered all over the planet Earth. You just need to recognize where to find the tallest one. We at Gokyo Treks and Expedition agency believe in quality services. Your safety and satisfaction is our concern. We are a team of professional, experienced, trained, and licensed local guides who know the purpose much better than others. Not only this but also we give benefits to the local communities and helps to conserve natural resources which reduced costs and consumption.
|No. of people||Price Per Person|
|4 - 6||USD|
|7 - 9||USD|
Cost & Departures
Your Trip Your Style!
ITINERARY, COST, DEPARTURES, will adjusted according to your GROUP SIZE NEED TIME
Book with Confidence
- Lowest Price Guaranteed.
- Excellent Customer Service
- Hassle Free Booking.
- 90 % Repeated customers
- Travelers Recommended agency
- Local Guide's owned company.
Contact in Germany
Klaus Kummer : +49-367-2351-957
Martin Aigner: +49 7904 7428
Contact in USA
John Erwin: 212-222-6389
Beth Pekol, Chicago: +1 312-364-8924
Eve Quesnel, California: 530-5879-113
Contact in Australia
Mark Panico: +61 434 784 995
Contact in France
Anne Claire Srdoc: +33 683 549 096
Contact in Austria
Verena Laner: +43 650 7110 301
Dorothee Plunger:+43 512 565 255
Contact in Switzerland
Dominik Lee, Zürich: +41 079 3826 028