Chandragiri Hill day tour
Chandragiri Hill day tour takes you through the Chandragiri hill station. Visiting Chandragiri hill by cable car was only recently opened to the public. Quickly it became a favorite day tour destination for all age for all tourist because there is about 10 – 12 minutes cable car ride to reach at the top. The hill station Chandragiri is situated in the south-west of Kathmandu, at an altitude in 2,540 meter. Valeshwor Mahadev temple is also located on the top hill from where you can see lush Green hills, you have a 360-degree view of the soaring Mountain ranges including Mt.Annapurna, Mt. Manaslu, Mt. Langtang, Mt. Ganesh Himal and many more. Mount Everest, not more then dot can be seen from here in a clear weather. Besides that you will have an excellent scenery over the Kathmandu Valley, surrounded by its hilly terrain and magnificent Mountains.
Chandragiri Hill has a significant meaning for Kathmandu valley. The legend tells that the great King Prithvi Narayan Shah was allured by Chandragiri hill station while returning to his Kingdom Gorkha from his maternal home in Makwanpur. Because of its beauty and the location, Kingdom Gorkha united all tiny states to what today is known as the greater Nepal. Being a combination of leisure and cultural, this tour guarantees its visitors full of fun.
Chandragiri Hill day tour detail itinerary
Day 1 Arrived at Kathmandu valley
Upon arrival in Kathmandu, Tribhuwan International Airport, we will receive you with private vehicle and transfer to hotel in Kathmandu within BB plan. Our representative will give you information about further programs.Day 2 Chandragiri Hill day tour !
After the pre-trip meeting, your sightseeing trip will start at around 8:00 am. You will have a private vehicle and a professional tour guide along with you. To reach at Chandragiri cable car station, it takes about 60 minute (1 hour) drive from center of Kathmandu (Gongabu or Thamel). There is two option for your hiking either you go to the top hill by cable car as a both way or by cable car until the hill top and on your return, you might walk downhill through the lush green forest. However this is just a day trip about 7 hours and we can design your travel plan according to your wishes. Most importantly, 90 % of visitors are choosing both way ups and down by cable car and only 10% visitors are choosing cable car on ascending and walk downhill to get city. Thus, whatever you have options, this is just a day trip near Kathmandu.
Note: if you want to extent your day hike you can consult with Ammar and you can spent few days there and keep walking other few days around Kathmandu valley hills like Kakani, shivapuri, nagarkot, Dhulikhel so on….
Early morning flight to Kathmandu. Drop you in Kathmandu International Airport onward your final destination and our trip ends. Wish you your wonderful journey!!!
- Kathmandu international airport transfer on your arrival time
- Luxury private vehicle to transfer while you are on Chandragiri hill hiking sightseeing
- A professional licence holder government Tour guide while on tour.
- Nepal Government Tax, VAT and as well as Company service charge.
- A special gift from our company.
- Nepal entry visa fee cost US$ 40.
- Lunch and Dinner during the staying in Kathmandu city tour.
- Any kind of laundry service, phone calls, Personal nature expenses like any donation and monuments entrance fees
- All types of drinks, bar bills, And your travel insurance.
- Tips for the crew (Note : TIPS is not compulsory but expected)
- Any other things which are not mentioned above
Nepal Experience Tour highlights
- Discover the tallest mountains such as Ganesh himal, Manaslu and Langtang Range of Earth.
- Majestic views of kathmandu city and some of its heritage sites.
- Roughly about 10 minutes Cable car riding
- Neat and clean Restaurant on the top of Chardragiri Hill
- Visit valeshor Mahadev Hindu Temple.
- Visit children’s fun park
“What are the cost for Cable Car for Chandragiri Hill day tour ?”
Chandragiri Hill day tour Notes:
The above itineraries are subject to change due to condition beyond our control. This is just a Guide line showing tentative tour plan and stops. Physical, technical and natural condition may change this above itineraries.
“What makes Chandragiri Hill day hiking trip special ?”
Opportunities for challenging trekking or hiking and pleasant strolls are scattered all over this planet; you just need to know where to find them. We at Gokyo Treks and Expedition believe in the quality services. Your safety and satisfaction is our concern. We are a team of professional, experienced, well trained and licensed local guides who knows the destination much better than others.
Amazing Chandragiri Hill day tour with my senior family members !
We are a team of 15 people and have booked Chandragiri Hill day tour for my senior family members with Gokyo Treks and Expedition Pvt Ltd. From the initial inquiry to the end of the trip the company was very impressive. Ammar (Company founder – Manager) was extremely efficient and answered e mails and messages by return. We were extremely fortunate to have Ammar Guni as our Tour Guide. They were both extremely kind and always wanted to ensure we were safe and happy. The Chandragiri Hill day tour was amazing and I would definitely recommend and use this company again for day hiking tour in Kathmandu city, there customer service is excellent. – Rajesh Thakuri, Nuwakot district, Nepal
Nepal Experience Tour Price : Email US
- Trip Duration: Single Day Tour
- Max Altitude: 2,540m / 8,331 ft
- Best Time: September – June
- Group-Size: 2 – 50 People
- Transportation: Private Car / Van / Bus
- Tour duration: 6 hours
Cost & Departures
Your Trip Your Style!ITINERARY, COST, DEPARTURES, will adjusted according to your GROUP SIZE NEED TIME Inquiry NowCustomize Trip
Book with Confidence
- Local Guide’s owned company.
- So, Lowest Price Guaranteed.
- Excellent Customer Service
- Easy and Hassle Free Booking.
- 90 % Repeated customers
- Travelers Recommended agency
Reference person of Gokyo Treks !
Contact in Germany
Klaus Kummer : +49-367-2351-957
Roland Stich: +49-0271-870-031
Dr. Lars : +49-3641-5395-160
Contact in USA
John Erwin: 212-222-6389
Beth Pekol, Chicago: +1 312-364-8924
Eve Quesnel, California: 530-5879-113
Contact in Australia
Mark Panico: +61-402-526-430
Dr. Chris Hislers: +61-419-556-381
Contact in Austria
Verena Laner: +43-650-7110-301
Contact in Switzerland
Dominik Lee, Zürich: +41-079-3826-028