Based on Reviews
Manaslu Expedition Summary
- Manaslu expedition duration days: 38 Days
- Manaslu Height: 8,163m / 26,783 feet
- Climb hours: 6 Hours average
- Climber Group Size: 2 – 8 People
- Best for Summit climb: May Month
- Trip Mode: Full board Tent Camping
- Meals: Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner
- Transportation: Private Jeep / Car
Mount Manaslu expedition is another superior mountain in Nepal to climb. Mountain Manaslu, Kutang, is the eighth-highest mountain in the world at 8,163 meters (26,781 feet) above sea level. It is in the Mansiri Himal, part of the Nepalese Himalayas, and in the west-central part of Nepal.
The name Manaslu means “mountain of the spirit” and is derived from the Sanskrit word Manasa, meaning “intellect” or “soul”. For the first time in the expedition history, Toshio Imanishi and Gyalzen Norbu, members of a Japanese expedition team climbed Manaslu on May 9, 1956.
It is said that, given the many unsuccessful attempts by the British to climb Everest before New Zealander Edmund Hilary, “just as the British consider Everest their mountain, Manaslu has always been a Japanese mountain”.
The Manaslu summit at 8,163m offers a delightful view of Manaslu itself and some other supreme mountains that include mountains Annapurna, Dhaulagiri, and Buddha Himal. Summit Manaslu is a really aesthetic point with stunning 360º views and nothing higher around. The mighty Manaslu is difficult to climb comparing other peaks in the Himalayas.
The Manaslu expedition takes about 6 weeks, beginning and finishing off with Kathmandu, town. Manaslu is one of the more risky 8000 meters to climb: as of May 2008, there have been 297 ascents of Manaslu and 53 deaths on the mountain, making it “the 4th most dangerous 8000m peak, behind Annapurna, Nanga Parbat, and K2.
Peak Manaslu has had 661 successful ascents with 65 deaths recorded. It has a current death rate of 9.9% from 35% before the year 1990. 95% of these deaths were caused by avalanches. Therefore, Manaslu summit has the nickname “killer mountain” by locals because more than 60 people have died on its treacherous slopes.
Before climbing Manaslu, we recommend that you complete at least two to five international or high-altitude climbing expeditions. Aconcagua, Denali, Vinson Mount, and Himalayan mountains such as Tent Peak and Mera Peak , and Thorong Peak are all excellent preparation.
Guided or non-guided
A coordination just undertaking will be less expensive yet you should act naturally sufficiently on the mountain. Guiding trips clearly incorporate an episode for the guide, which is more costly for a Western guide compared to a Nepali Sherpa Guide.
Bottled oxygen or not
The vast majority is bottled oxygen yet for the rare sorts of people who don’t, it’s saving. One bottle costs around US$ 465 and most customers utilize seven on a standard endeavor.
According to our past climbers, we have designed the Manaslu expedition itinerary cautiously to allow for gradually ascending and proper acclimatization. The best season for the expedition group to climb is in May and June months. If the itinerary is not suitable for you, we modify the expedition travel plan as per your request and the duration of the holiday.
Mount Manaslu expedition itinerary details.
Our Mount Manaslu expedition 38 days itinerary is just a sample plan. Our expedition Manaslu climbing itinerary is very special, kindly contact us to get a daily travel plan. We are happy to send you the detailed expedition travel itinerary at your request.
01 Day : Arrival in Kathmandu city & Transfer to the Hotel (1,350m/4,429 feet).
02 Day : Rest in Kathmandu, Expedition briefing and Preparing for expedition gears.
03 Day : Drive from Kathmandu to Besisahar (760m/2,494 feet), 7 hours Tent on the camping ground.
04 Day : Besisahar to Dharapani Trekking jeep transfer (1,860/6,103 feet), 4 hours, Tent campsite.
05 Day : Dharapani to Goh/Goa Trekking (2,560m/8,695 feet), 3 hours, Tent campsite.
06 Day : Trek to Bimtang (3,720m/12,205 feet), 6 hours, Tent campsite.
07 Day : Acclimatization at Bhimthang (rest day to explore around), Tent campsite.
08 Day : Cross Larkya la (5,106m/16,753 feet) and trek to Samdo (3,872m/12,704 feet), 7 hours, Tent campsite.
09 Day : Trek from Samdo to Sama Gaun (3,530m/11,582 feet), 3 hours, Tent campsite.
10 Day : Trek to Manaslu Base camp (4400m/14,436 feet), 4/5 hours, Tent campsite.
11 – 32 Day : Climbing Period [Base Camp – Manaslu Summit (8,163m/26,783 feet) – Base Camp], Tent campsite.
33 Day : Manaslu Base Camp to Sama Gaun Trekking (3,541m/11,618 feet), 5 hours, Tent campsite.
34 Day : Trek to Namrung (2,660m/8,727 feet) (or to Soti Khola if require Heli service), 6 hours trek, Tent campsite.
35 Day : Namrung to Philim trekking (1,590m/5,216 feet), 7/8 hours, Tent campsite.
36 Day : Philim to Machha Khola trekking (930m/3,051 feet), 7/8 hours, Tent campsite.
37 Day : Trek from Machha Khola to Soti Khola (730m/2,395 feet), 4 hours, Tent campsite.
38 Day : Drive back to Kathmandu, 8 /9 hours & transfer to the Hotel.
39 Day : Leisure Day in Kathmandu. In the evening, transfer to International Airport for final departure
How much does the Mount Manaslu expedition package price?
The Mount Manaslu expedition cost US$ 15,890 roughly the standard trek price on a double occupancy per person basis. But of course, the trip price will vary according to expedition group size. For the deluxe and luxury trekking tour plan, we add a 5-star category hotel deluxe air-conditioned room in Kathmandu with a breakfast plan. AND WE ARE OPEN TO CUSTOMIZE YOUR TOUR AND PACKAGES PRICE AS PER YOUR REQUIREMENTS.
Mount Manaslu expedition cost includes:-
- Airport transportation as per your arrival date to join the Manaslu expedition.
- 4/5-star category hotel accommodation in Kathmandu on a Bed with Breakfast plan.
- Kathmandu to Besisahar Bus transfer and Besisahar to Dharapani with a local Jeep transfer service as per the Manaslu expedition itinerary.
- Full board high altitude Meal while trekking to base camp and climbing Manaslu.
- Manaslu summiteers climbing Sherpa (01 Sherpa: 02 climber’s ratio)
- Necessary porters as per the expedition group size.
- Group climbing gears like rope, ice bar, etc for the Manaslu expedition.
- Manaslu expedition permit, Restricted area permits including Manaslu conservation area, and all government taxes permit fees for the expedition.
- Liaison officer with all his expenses while on the Manaslu climbing expedition.
- Expedition Manager, Expedition cook, support crew, and porters with their types of equipment, daily wages, food, insurance, etc.
- All camping gear including base camp tents, dining tent with table and chair, kitchen and toilet tent, etc
- Mountain Hardware high altitude tents while climbing the Manaslu Mountain.
- Emergency Oxygen with regulator and mask while on the Manaslu expedition days.
- EPI gas and burner for the high climb.
- Gamow bag / Portable Altitude Chamber (PAC) All necessary climbing hardware group equipment
- First aid medical kit including Oximeter to check heart rate, pulse, and oxygen saturation at higher altitudes.
- In a worst case, help with all Helicopter Rescue and evacuation arrangements.
- Satellite Phone and Walkie-Talkie in case of emergency (pay guest).
Mount Manaslu expedition cost excludes :
- Nepal entry visa fee US$ 40.
- Lunch and Dinner during the staying in Kathmandu town.
- Medical and personal high-risk insurance.
- Manaslu Summit bonus US$ 500 USD minimum for each climbing Sherpa guide.
- Applicable permit fees and custom charge for Sat phone, communication equipment, and commercial filming while on Manaslu expedition.
- Any kinds of battery charges, laundry service, phone calls, and hot showers during the trek.
- Personal trekking and climbing equipments ..
- Personal nature expenses, and bar bills.
- Travel insurance to cover helicopter rescue evacuation in case of emergency).
- Any donation and monument entrance fees.
- Gratuities for expedition staff [Tip is a culture, so they expect highly].
- Any other things which are not mentioned above.
We can organize a private Mount Manaslu expedition starting at any date that works for you. Please contact us for more information.
Question: Is pick-up service available on my arrival day in Kathmandu, Nepal?.
Answer: Yes sure. Supply us with your flight details, We will come to pick up you at Kathmandu international airport.
Question: What sort of accommodation can I expect on the Mount Manaslu expedition?.
Answer: You will have tent accommodation while on trekking and climbing days.
Question: What kind of food can I expect in the Mount Manaslu expedition?.
Answer: Our professional cook cooks a delicious range of mostly vegetarian foods. They are like noodles, potatoes, Pasta, tuna bakes, eggs, bread, soups, and fresh vegetable rice until base camp. From base camp to Manaslu expedition days, Tourists will have climbing foods. They are depending upon the available seasons. We serve food with hot drinks such as tea/coffee.
Question: How do I get drinking water on expedition Manaslu?.
Answer: We serve you pure drinking water after purifying using AQUA TABS while on camping days.
Question: Are there any communication facilities on Climbing Manaslu?
Answer: We can help you to arrange a satellite phone to call in an emergency and you pay on a call basis. So, you can acquire telephone services.
Question: When should I book my trip and what are the payments terms?.
Answer: Because our trips book up months in advance. We recommend booking early to avoid any kind of misunderstanding. About US$ 10,000 non-refundable deposit upon confirmation of your eligibility to join the expedition. US$ 9,000 non-refundable balance due 100 days prior to departure. Likewise, If you transfer money to our bank account, you should pay also the bank service charge.
No refunds on the deposit, nor balance payment will be provided for Manaslu Expedition due to the huge expense incurred planning/facilitating such an expedition. And the rest of the payment, you can pay on your arrival in Kathmandu, Nepal.
Question: Who will carry my luggage?
Answer: We do provide a high-altitude sherpa to transfer your luggage. The number of Sherpa depends upon the group members you are traveling with.
Question: Where can I organize my personal climbing gear?
Answer: Hiring the best camping gear is a must as you go 8,000 mountain climbing. The branded gears are expensive as their life is longer than cheaper gears. Nonetheless, If you have those climbing gear at your home bring them along with you. If you don’t have them, you can rent them in Kathmandu.
Question: How much additional money do I need per day?
Answer: You can allocate US$ 08 – 10 for a lunch/dinner in Kathmandu and it depends on your spending habits. US$ 12 to 15 US$ each day is almost enough to buy bottles of water, chocolates, tea coffee, and some drinks while you are in Kathmandu.
Mount Manaslu expedition highlights
- Discover the eye-catching sights of Mt Manaslu, Dhaulagiri, Annapurna Range, Buddha Himal..etc.
- The summit offers the best scenery of border mountains including its smaller summits like Samdo peak, and Shringi Himal.
- Experience the Eight thousands (8,000 meters) mountains climbing
- Visit Manaslu cultural trail and get to know Buddhism culture along the Manaslu hiking trail.
Adventure Manaslu Climbing Permit Cost
Manaslu expedition permit fees totally depend upon the expedition season that you apply to attempt. Normally the climbing permit cost in the spring season is US$ 1800, in the autumn season US$ 900, and for the winter and summer seasons is US$ 450 per person. In addition, there are other fees for example a trash fee of $3,000 for a group.
Notes for Mount Manaslu climbers!
The Mount Manaslu expedition information stated above is just a standard template guideline. The expedition plan is possible to tailor at your request to accommodate your specific terms. Local politics, landslides, local flight cancellation, weather, transport, or a multitude of other factors that are out of our control can result in a modification of schedule during travel.
It is, nonetheless, improbable that the agenda would be generously adjusted. On the off chance that adjustments are fundamental the pioneer will choose the best elective choice, thinking about the best worries of the entire gathering. Where a change happens, we do all that we can to limit its impact, yet we can’t be liable for the after-effects of changes or postpone them.
“What makes Mount Manaslu expeditions special?”
Opportunities for adventure climbing – expeditions are scattered all over the planet Earth. You just need to recognize where to find them. We at Gokyo Treks and Expedition believe in quality services. Your safety and satisfaction is our concern.
We are a team of professional, experienced, trained, and licensed local guides who know the purpose much better than others. Not only this but also we give benefits to the local communities and help to conserve natural resources which reduced costs and consumption.
Mount Manaslu Expedition Review
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.
|No. of people||Price Per Person|
|4 - 6||USD|
|7 - 9||USD|
Cost & Departures
Your Trip Your Style!
ITINERARY, COST, DEPARTURES, will adjusted according to your GROUP SIZE NEED TIME
Book with Confidence
- Lowest Price Guaranteed.
- 100% Customizable Trips
- Excellent Customer Service
- Hassle Free Booking.
- 90 % Repeated customers
- Highly Recommended agency
- Private/group tour options
- Local Guides Company.
Add on Safari Trip
Extra Fun on Adventures
Book My Trip